Found this in my drafts, I started it back in April…never finished until today…June! My how time flies!
We are now always looking forward to Saturdays, our Family Day! I know the Husby can’t wait because he gets to relish in Pinky’s presence!
This week it was my turn to pick the location. Since I love crowds and events, I planned for a day in Little Italy. I have come to appreciate a good Farmer’s Market and all things natural and vintage. There is something about fresh flowers from the market that say, Thank God I’m alive and well!
Thinking back on this day, I remember it so clearly! It was way too hot and way too crowded and the husby is not one for either. Very briefly, to highlight our day we:
- Found meter parking
- Walked quickly through the art
- Mommy got lost while trying to check out an event just for Moms for Mother’s Day
- Mommy got mad
- Mommy found Daddy & Baby
- Ran over a lot of feet with the Bugaboo
- Walked all the way to Denny’s after wanting to experience the hustle and bustle of the Art Walk – not the kind of art the husby was looking for
- Ate a healthy breakfast – because they have healthy choices at Denny’s now
- My sister and cousin met us because they were in the vicinity
- Walked back to Little Italy and met the husby’s cousin and bf at Nelson’s Photo Supply hoping to find a new lens for cheap – no cigar!
- Ran out of Little Italy as quickly as possible and drove back to Seaport Village for an iced coffee
- Ate dinner at Oggie’s for the first time
- And finally went home!
Phew…this turned out to be a long and ‘interesting’ day! I guess we won’t be attending the Art Walk next year! I do want to go back to the Mercato though! There is a basket I’ve been wanting to buy – very eco-friendly and very cute! I saw a lady with it and had to stop her and ask her where she got it. Low and behold, she said she got it at the Little Italy Mercato! I can’t remember what the name of the bag was but I’ll let you know when I find out.
Now to get back on track with blogging for reals!
To read more of pinky’s adventures visit our blog at http://thepinkyproject.com.