During the holidays parents always get asked the dreaded question…
“What do your kids want or need for Christmas?”
Don’t get me wrong, I am always grateful when friends and family want to get gifts for my kids. Sometimes I just feel like they don’t really need anything, but they may beg to differ though, I’m sure.
As my daughter get’s older we are teaching her to work for the things she wants, be responsible for her belongings and save her money. We are also teaching her to be grateful for the things she already has, not take advantage of people when they give her things and only take what she needs. It’s a challenge all in itself, a daily balance.
At the end of the day we just want her to feel loved. We also want to nurture her talents, build her fan base, have fun with her and just let her be a kid! After all, giving and receiving gifts is one way to show love, right?
In honor my first born’s love for art, here’s a fun list of 7 gifts for budding artists, all under $20!
She’s little but she has a very mature taste in art supplies. Feeding her love and passion for art with gifts from family and friends would be awesome!
I hope your budding artists will love these gifts too.
7 Gifts for Budding Artists
1. Canvas Panel Pack, $13.99. Kids love it when you display their art for all to see. It makes them proud of their work. This canvas panel pack will keep your budding artists busy and confident. Encourage them to give their paintings as gifts, or sell them for a little profit.
2. Melissa & Doug Deluxe Combo Scratch Art Set: 16 Boards, 2 Stylus Tools, 3 Frames, $9.74. My kids have a lot of fun with scratch art paper. You literally scratch the paper with a pointed wooden stick. Think of a really big tooth pick. You start off with a black canvas and end up with a colorful rainbow!
3. Art Lab for Kids: 52 Creative Adventures in Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Paper, and Mixed Media-For Budding Artists of All Ages (Lab Series), $15.62. This book encourages artists to find their own style and voice. It offers 52 projects that will inspire and introduce kids to new techniques and artistic concepts. This is great for little artists of all levels who like to try out new things.
4. US Art Supply Solid Studio Adjustable Wood Tabletop Easel, $19.96. Remember that canvas pack? Your artist will need a place to stand it up and well, paint. This adjustable tabletop easel is perfect for small spaces, storing and portability. It’s sleek design allows it to blend into your home decor too!
5. Sargent Art Premium Coloring Pencils, Pack of 50 Assorted Colors, 22-7251, $6.14. Colored pencils are essential for budding artists! This premium set of 50 us under $10! That’s a steal for some good quality pencils. Even though kids are young, they still deserve the best. Sometimes inspiration comes from the best pencils.
6. Darice 80-Piece Deluxe Art Set, $17.45. Every artist needs an art set. This is a great starter kit your little artist will love. It has everything from acrylic paint to pastels, pencils, water colors and more. If provides your child with a wide range of materials to get creative with.
7. Strathmore Series 400 Sketch Pads 9 in. x 12 in. – pad of 100, $8.72. Kids can go through paper like water. I always tell my daughter to do her best work, especially when she’s working with nice paper. This pad makes a great gift because it’s something they can carry around with them. They can easily create a collection of their art in this spiral design.
What are your kids passionate about right now? Let us know in a comment below.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you do decide to purchase an item, there is no additional cost to you, but we do receive a very small commission for sharing. It helps us keep the blog moving! Thanks.