Fall is my favorite time of the year. It used to be summer because I love warm weather, but fall brings a comfort for me like no other season in the year. The cool air helps us breath a little easier and the cold breeze invites more opportunities to stay in and cuddle under a warm blanket. Pumpkins flood our homes and the kitchen becomes a place of abundance. Families gather to give thanks. Children and adults alike are encouraged to play dress up, eat candy and run amuck in the streets! Night falls a little earlier and we reap the harvest.
There are so many exciting traditions that come with fall. From jumping into a pile of leaves to visiting your favorite pumpkin patch. Because we don’t want you to miss a thing, my family and I created a family-friendly fall bucket list featuring 20 things you can do to enjoy the coolest season of the year. Enjoy!
What are your favorite things to do in the fall?
Fall Bucket List
- Go to the pumpkin patch
- Attend a harvest festival
- Go on a hay ride
- Jump in a pile of leaves
- Day trip to Julian – for those visiting or living in Southern California
- Decorate pumpkins
- Bake pumpkin pies, bread or whoopee pies
- Write a list of what we’re thankful for
- Watch The Peanuts’ holiday movies and scary movies – See our list of 11 family-friendly Halloween movies here
- Cook with squash
- Make apple cider and enjoy it outside
- Take a walk or hike in the cold
- Fall themed crafts – gratitude stones
- Family dinners
- Incorporate fall décor – Get our free fall printables here
- Stay in all day and cuddle
- Enjoy a fall picnic
- SeaWorld Spooktacular – for San Diego locals
- Dress up for Halloween
- Burn fall scented candles or diffuse fall scented oils
- Watch a football game
*For a printable list click here.