This year I am 34! I’m not one to shy away from telling other people my age. My mom always says,
“You’re only as old as you feel.”
And I don’t feel old. I have learned to embrace myself in all stages of life. Do I wish I was doing more or have accomplished more at my age, sure! But as long as I’m alive I’m going to find every reason to discover new things and simply live life to the fullest every day!
In addition to writing some goals for the year, I’ve also added my intentions. What’s the difference? Well, according to The Empowerment Dynamic there are three differences between goals and intentions. We made a pretty graphic for you.
With that said, I’m choosing to live my life with intention on a daily basis in hopes that I reach my goals. And even if I don’t reach every goal on my list, I’ll know I made a conscious effort every day to become a better person today, than I was yesterday. First up, “these are my intentions.” Go ahead, sing it to the tune of Usher’s, Confessions. I just did.
Choose Love – I choose love over everything. I promise to love myself more, to do things that make me happy, spend money on myself and not feel guilty about it. To do things I want to do, not just to please others. To show love and speak love, and discover new ways to spread kindness.
Seek Adventure – I intend to look at each day as an adventure. To find the joy in small victories, to explore the nooks and cranny’s of my own city with my children. To appreciate the outdoors and the beauty of God’s creation.
Accept Challenge – I want to keep my mind fresh by constantly learning something new and exciting. I want to accept the challenges that God and life itself will present to me with open arms. I want to embrace the challenges that will make me think and appreciate life and the value of hard work and determination. In the words of Bruce Lee,
“‘Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.”
Be Present – I want to be in God’s presence, and not just ask for His presents. I choose to be present for my friends and family. To listen intently, to make an impact in their lives on purpose. In serving others and just being there, I believe I will make an impact on my own life. I will learn things about myself I never knew, and change in ways I never thought I could. I will become more aware of the blessings I already have.
Create – Unveil the creativity I know I have inside of me. Doodle more, photograph more, write more, create memories for my family and for others. Create more space just because. Create routines, discover ideas, bring old ones back to life. Create more opportunities to be a better me.
So here’s my list of goals in no particular order.
- Start leaning how to play the guitar
- Be consistent in training Brazilian Jujitsu + do my first competition
- Run at least one marathon
- Get down and play with my kids + watch their faces while they play and explore
- Get back into photography
- Go to the beach more
- Plan a party just because
- Get my wedding video + make a wedding album
- Renew our vows Vegas style
- Breathe life back into The Pinky Project
- Make money doing what I love
- Host/Co-host an SD Mom’s Night Out or other event
- Take a dance class – Salsa dancing at Cafe Sevilla, Hip Hop Cardio at Culture Shock, Adult Ballet at Dance & Company
- Run up the convention stairs and around seaport village
- Volunteer + serve others
- Go to church + pay my tithes
- Read my bible + devotionals daily + start a prayer journal
- Buy a dress I feel sexy in
- Buy new makeup – lip liner, lipstick, foundation, eye liner and blush – it’s been a while
- Do something different with my hair, color perhaps?
- Learn something new – take a class, read a book
- Start a new business – or start making plans for one
- Spread gratitude + love – send a card to someone just because
- Train my dog + learn to love her
- Declutter the living room + make it more inviting
- Get going on the kid’s photo albums
- Spend quality time with close friends and family
- Wine tasting along the coast
- Ride the Amtrak
- See snow – preferably falling from the sky
- Spend more time with the husband – date nights and late nights
- Travel and explore more
- Focus on what I really want out of life + just breathe
- Count my blessings every day!
Wow! I feel like this is a lot, but I also feel like there’s so much more I could add. These aren’t as specific as I’d like them to be, but I guess that leaves some wiggle room for me. Life is always changing, but at least I have a road map for things I want to accomplish and experience this year. I have to give a shout out to my girl Brigeeski for inspiring this post. Thank you for sharing your goals with the world and inspiring me to to dig deep and make a list of my own…and share it!
So, now that I’ve spilled some of my inner beings with you. What are your goals and intentions for the year? Leave a comment below.