What can I say to you that I have not said already? There should be a lot, right? Once again, I choose to tell you how much I love you! I can’t tell you enough how much joy you bring into my life and Daddy’s! Not to mention everyone you cross paths with.
Here are a few of the latest things I love about you…you deserve much more than bullet points, however this is how I know I will get the most out of my mind right now! I love you, baby!
- The way you hold my cheek in your tiny palm, like you did this very morning
- The way you say “NO.” Yes, I know I act like I don’t like it
- I love that you become more active everyday, I just have to learn to keep up with you
- The way you laugh out loud unexpectedly, like when I used your feet to sing, “It’s signing time with Alex & Leah” or when I asked you, “Who’s Daddy’s Girl?”
- The way you cry out for me (and my milk)!
- The way you pull my cheek close to yours so you can hear me make that zerbert sound
- I love your curiosity and exploration of the world around you
- I love that you know what it means to pray, that you can put your hands together and bow your head
- I love that you know the moves to the ‘Monkey Song” aka The Lazy Song
- I love the way you perform The Lazy Song on your guitar
- The way you dance in your class, and the way you remember the dance moves days after class
- Your fascination with sand!
- The way you eat an ice cream cone!
- The way you lay down in the bath tub on your tummy and wave your feet in the air
- The way you sleep so close to me, it’s hard to move, sometimes breathe 😉
- The way you always look for, Mama…sometimes, Memey!
- I love the way you say turtle and how you are such a concerned soul for those you love, yes, even you turtle tattoo
- The way you smile for the camera
- The way you dance when you hold your Elmo camera and he sings, “Elmo loves to take pictures it really is a breeze, so smile for the camera and remember to say cheese!”
- I love to see you love your aunties, uncles, friends, cousins, grandma, grandpa and lolo! You learn so much from each one of them, and in return you fill their hearts with so much joy
- I love the way you run, the way you walk, the way you look when you’re in the pool and attempt to climb a set of stairs
- I love the way you eat your veggies! A mother couldn’t be more proud
- The way you bite your straw so hard, that you can’t even take a sip of apple juice
- The way you tease your Daddy in a very loving way
- The way you use your signs to communicate
- The fact that you still breastfeed 😉
To be honest, the list goes on and on…my little girl…I love you, and I will never finish counting the ways!
Happy Half Birthday, my angel! I wish you 99 more. May God bless you always. As much as I hate to think of the times I won’t be there, I have to. And, for that I pray that you would always look back on these letters, this blog, our memories and know that you were always loved, now, from the day you were thought of and prayed for, and until forever.
Mommy (& DADDY)