Parenthood: ORANGE ALERT
It’s been a lot harder to keep up with this series than I thought. I should just watch the episode with laptop at hand. Instead of watching it ‘again’ a week later on DVR. Anyway, thank you to those who have been keeping up with me.
From the website: Zeek once again tries to go overboard with the Halloween celebration and is upset when Haddie, Amber and Drew refuse to join in the fun. Meanwhile, Adam and Kristina are nervous about Max’s new plans for the holiday. Sarah’s relationship with Gordon gets cold.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I am finding that Daddy and I are noticing that we relate to Adam and Kristina more than any other couple on the show. During this episode both are worried about Max’s first time participating in the Halloween festivities. Meanwhile, Julia and Joel struggle with the fact that Sydney wants to dress up as a beauty queen. Julia soon realizes that argument is not holding up in Sydney’s court. And again, Amber finds herself in a pickle with her crazy friend and calls Sarah to come bail her out. Sarah comes to the rescue, along with Gordon, the BOSS…I guess he wasn’t such a jerk after all. Finally, Crosby proposes to Jasmine with spider ring from the candy bowl…so romantic! Honestly, it was cute and spontaneous. Oh, and how can I forget about the touching grandfather-grandson pep-talk between Zeek and Max – family tradition is hard thing to break.
So what did I learn during this week’s creepy craziness? I’ll keep this one short and sweet as candy!
- Parenting is a TEAM effort. Adam and Kristina both had their own ideas about introducing Max to the Halloween festivities. They pay a visit to their therapist to get advice on how to handle Max’s first Halloween experience. They decide to let Max participate, however to keep things safe they work together and with the whole family to make sure Max has an unforgettable experience. He dresses up as a cockroach, nonetheless, he had a blast with his cousins Trick or Treating.
- Keep the Family Tradition, as much as possible. Zeek pours his heart out to Max and explains why Halloween was so important to him. Halloween happened to be the last day before he’d go out for a military mission, so the family would go all out like it was Christmas Eve. I can see why he was disappointed when he found out that not everyone was going to participate.
- Come through for your kids, no matter what situation they’re in. Sarah came to Amber’s rescue even when she lied about where she was going to be. I know some parents would let their children be, but
- Like mother, like daughter. Julia tried so hard to convince Sydney to NOT be a beauty queen. Although she is a successful lawyer she was not able to talk her young daughter out of her Halloween costume. Sydney is just like her mother, but her mother doesn’t see it yet. I bet they’ll bud heads later on down the road because they are so alike. I hate to say, but I see this with me and Pinky. I think it will make for an interesting relationship.
- Spontaneity is Romantic. Need I say more…maybe not a Halloween proposal, but hey whatever floats your boat. Being spontaneous can be sexy when done the right way! I can’t wait for the wedding.
If you missed last week’s What I Learned on Parenthood click here to read more. Now going to write my post for this week’s episode, Seven Names.