As much as I wanted to use my creativity to prepare for Pinky’s Half Birthday to send out elaborate invitations, make decorations, give-a-ways and thank you cards…it was just not going to happen. I felt bad that I could back her cake, make her invites, and do everything else on top of that. Having a background in event planning, made me feel that much worse. I finally came to the realization that if I wanted to remain sane I had to let go and let GOD! Seriously! I figured I would make myself feel better by helping the environment and being a semi-homemade baker – I love Sandra Lee. Here is what I did to accomplish just that:
- Text Message, to let family know to save-the-date. Easy enough, if they had a question they could just call.
- Evite invitations, very eco-friendly, just a simple email and a follow up text message to ensure each guest got the memo.
- Purchased really inexpensive summer/beach items (i.e. beach bucket, shovel, sun glasses, and bubbles) at Party City for party favors .
- Half Sheet Cake from Food4Less, cheap and delicious, you can’t go wrong. We decorated it with
- Digital Photo Thank You Cards created in Photoshop by yours truly, sent via email. The Thank You card provided a personal touch for Pinky’s guests because it was a collage of her and (almost) everyone who attended. It was also at no cost to me since I didn’t need to print them out.
I created a mini collage below to display most of the items mentioned above. Pinky’s 1 YEAR Birthday Celebration is already in the works and we are so excited! Stay tuned.
To read more of pinky’s adventures visit our blog http://thepinkyproject.com.