I can’t help it! Pinky is spoiled by her Grandparent’s! In many ways this is good for us parents as much as it is good for Pinky. For one, we don’t have to be responsible for buying everything Pinky wants and needs! Thank God for my mom who willingly offers her support whenever she can and where ever she sees fit. She hates to see Pinky cry; and between you and me, it makes her annoyingly nervous! Especially when we get Pinky in the car to go home from grandparent’s house, because she cries bloody murder until she falls asleep, sometimes this means crying just before we pull into the parking lot at our condo. Grandma’s solution, a back seat mirror! Hey, I was thinking of buying one too, but it was either that or pay my bills!
Grandma bought Pinky the Fisher Price Precious Planet Auto Mobile Mirror (pictured below – yes that’s me looking all cross-eyed in the reflection)! And let me tell you, by golly I think it works, for the most part! Pinky doesn’t seem to cry as long as she used to and she loves staring at herself. She probably doesn’t feel so lonely back there now when Mommy’s in the drivers seat. I really believe it provides her with a sense of security.
Here are a list of pros and cons after having the mobile mirror for just one weekend:
- It’s LARGE size…allows you to see everything – those cute cheeks, that sweet smile and even those cute hands!
- Plays 5 melodies at the touch of a button – head, shoulders knees and toes, frera jaqa, here we go loopty loo…I can’t remember the others
- Music timer up to 60 minutes – in 20 minute increments, perfect for those long trips
- Colorful – this always helps!
- Cute jungle theme – enough said!
- 3 Dangling Animals – what kid doesn’t love animals?!
- Price: Just under $22 (tax included) with a Babies R Us 20% off coupon. Regular price is $24.99
- Easy to set up – and secure with a strong velcro strap and a clip
Cons – but not really:
- Only plays 5 songs – there could have been a few more…maybe even some jungle song to play out the theme.
- Takes (3) AA batteries – I wish nothing needed batteries!
Pinky is known to get over things way too quickly. Let’s just hope she learns to appreciate the lion, the monkey and the gaiter for as long as she can!
Overall this product is awesome, we give it “Two Pinkys Up”! I love this product in more ways than Pinky does! When we first installed it I thought I was going to get into a car accident staring at my precious baby in the rear view mirror. I’ll have to remember to keep my focus on the road and the safety of my child!
Thanks Grandma!!! We love you!
To read more about what pinky is up to visit our blog at http://thepinkyproject.com.